Autor Wątek: NASA Neil A. Armstrong Flight Research Center  (Przeczytany 1595 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
    • Astronauci i ich loty...
NASA Neil A. Armstrong Flight Research Center
« dnia: Styczeń 10, 2014, 20:36 »
Congress renames NASA flight center for Neil Armstrong

Lawmakers have renamed NASA's premiere flight research center to honor the first man to walk on the moon. Congress passed a bill designating NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center in southern California the "NASA Neil A. Armstrong Flight Research Center."

Jan. 9, 2014 – Lawmakers have renamed NASA's primary flight research center to honor the first man to walk on the moon.

The U.S. Senate on Wednesday (Jan. 8) passed a bill that redesignates the space agency's Dryden Flight Research Center in southern California the "NASA Neil A. Armstrong Flight Research Center."

The legislation continues to honor the facility's displaced namesake by renaming the surrounding area the "Hugh L. Dryden Aeronautical Test Range."

The U.S. House of Representatives earlier introduced and passed a corresponding resolution in February 2013. This was at least the third time since 2007 that Congress has sought to name the flight research center for Armstrong.

On Thursday, the bill was presented to the President to be signed into law.

źródło
"Why is it that nobody understands me, yet everybody likes me?"
- Albert Einstein

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

NASA Neil A. Armstrong Flight Research Center
« dnia: Styczeń 10, 2014, 20:36 »