Autor Wątek: Buzz Aldrin  (Przeczytany 26007 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline kanarkusmaximus

• Administrator
  • Ja z tym nie mam nic wspólnego!
    • Kosmonauta.net
Odp: Buzz Aldrin
« Odpowiedź #60 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2020, 20:46 »
Dzisiaj urodziny Buzza Aldrina! I to na dodatek 90!

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
    • Astronauci i ich loty...
« Odpowiedź #61 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2020, 22:03 »
Najlepsze życzenia dla jubilata!

Ciekawostka życzenia od Michaela Collinsa na TT:

Buzz Aldrin @TheRealBuzz

Today is a special day.
When asked for my birth date, I chuckle and say 1-20-30.
Now, after circling the sun for 90 years, today is 1-2020.  I came into this world in NJ on 1-20-30, and my mother was Marion Moon Aldrin and my father Edwin Aldrin. 
Here’s to 1-2025!

Michael Collins @AstroMCollins
W odpowiedzi do @TheRealBuzz

The big 9-0! Hope you are as hale and hearty as ever! And stay that way!
"Why is it that nobody understands me, yet everybody likes me?"
- Albert Einstein

Offline juram

• Weteran
  • LOXem i ropą! ;)
« Odpowiedź #62 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2020, 22:04 »
Happy Birthday i dobrego zdrowia, Buzz!  ;D
« Ostatnia zmiana: Styczeń 20, 2020, 22:06 wysłana przez juram »

Offline mars76

• Weteran
  • MARS - Zmień swoje miejsce zamieszkania!
« Odpowiedź #63 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2020, 22:42 »
Wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji urodzin ( Zdrowia przede wszystkim)

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

« Odpowiedź #63 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2020, 22:42 »

Online Orionid

• Weteran
  • Very easy - Harrison Schmitt
« Odpowiedź #64 dnia: Marzec 16, 2020, 17:02 »

Buzz Aldrin @TheRealBuzz 21 lut 2020
Happy Birthday to twin Space Shuttle Astronauts
@CaptMarkKelly
 &
@StationCDRKelly
! They’ve set numerous records serving our country, logging over 570 days in space, flown on 8 missions but most importantly-are fellow #NewJerseyboys! It was a pleasure inducting you both into NJHOF
https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1230918746673422346

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #65 dnia: Marzec 16, 2020, 22:03 »
Buzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz 8:02 PM · 16 mar 2020 2 godz temu
Congratulations Sunny Boy! I  presume you are the oldest Apollo Astronaut living in Houston. Happy Birthday Walt! #Apollo7

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1239627996027179011
http://lk.astronautilus.pl/astros/32.htm

Buzz Aldrin @TheRealBuzz 12:57 AM · 17 mar 2020
It was great to see my Apollo brother, Walt Cunningham, tonight to wish him happy birthday “in person”.  Boy, have we come a long way with communication since 1969! #BeamMeUp

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1239702251712720908
« Ostatnia zmiana: Marzec 17, 2020, 05:44 wysłana przez Orionid »

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #66 dnia: Marzec 17, 2020, 11:32 »
Doprawdy Mr Aldrin  :)

Buzz Aldrin @TheRealBuzz 12 godz temu
#OTD 90 years ago – on March 16, 1926, Robert Goddard successfully launched the first ever liquid-fueled rocket in Auburn, MA. His groundbreaking work forever changed the study of aeronautics and cemented his legacy as the father of modern rocket propulsion.

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1239669909963014147

Offline ekoplaneta

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #67 dnia: Marzec 17, 2020, 12:12 »
Wszystkiego najlepszego dla Buzza!  I niech się Pan dobrze schowa bo będziemy jeszcze długo Pana potrzebować!

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #68 dnia: Marzec 18, 2020, 15:19 »
Życzenia urodzinowe dla astronauty Apollo 13 i aktora, który go grał w filmie Apollo 13

Buzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz 10:13 PM · 17 mar 2020
#OTD naval aviator, astronaut and friend TK (Ken) Mattingly was born. He flew on the Apollo 16, STS-4 & STS-51-C missions – logging in over 500 hours in space! His distinguished service to our country will not be forgotten. Happy Birthday TK!
https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1240023448983830534

Buzz Aldrin @TheRealBuzz 12:41 AM · 18 mar 2020
For nearly 40 years, @GarySinise  has been a fierce advocate for our nation's heroes, veterans, first responders, and their families. His willingness to give back to all those who sacrifice for our nation is inspiring! Happy Birthday my friend – I salute you!
https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1240060802016608261

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #69 dnia: Kwiecień 26, 2020, 22:07 »
Buzz przekazuje zyski ze swojego pamiątkarskiego biznesu na walkę z koronawirusem.
I zachęca nas wszystkich do małych kroków, których suma może okazać się wielkim krokiem dla ludzkości  :)

NEWS PROVIDED BY Buzz Aldrin Ventures  Apr 21, 2020, 09:59 ET

(...) Buzz Aldrin, through Buzz Aldrin Ventures (BAV) and Buzz Aldrin's Human Spaceflight Institute (HSI), would like to join you in the effort to raise money to relieve effects brought by COVID-19, by donating the sale proceeds of 100 Autographed, Limited-Edition, Numbered, Apollo XI Crew Quarantine Prints, to the Salvation Army, to aid them in preparing and responding to community needs brought on by the novel coronavirus, across our nation.  During these trying times, this historic print of the Apollo XI crew in quarantine talking with President Nixon after returning from the Moon has more significance than ever. The autographed pictures are being offered at the special price of $599 each.

"Like many of you, I want to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19 and have been self-quarantining for a while now.  Being quarantined is never easy – I know! – but it's something we can all do for the safety of ourselves, our loved ones, and our country. Call it one small step for each of us, one giant leap for Mankind!" Buzz Aldrin remarked. (...)
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/astronaut-buzz-aldrin-supports-victims-of-covid-19-by-autographing-special-post-moon-visit-quarantine-picture-301044430.html

Offline kanarkusmaximus

• Administrator
  • Ja z tym nie mam nic wspólnego!
    • Kosmonauta.net
« Odpowiedź #70 dnia: Kwiecień 26, 2020, 22:12 »
Tak, ale tylko 100 kopii. :P

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #71 dnia: Kwiecień 26, 2020, 22:55 »
Tak, ale tylko 100 kopii. :P
Czyli około 59 000 USD (brutto, bo pewnie jakieś podatki trzeba jeszcze zapłacić)
Gdyby każdy amerykański milioner wykazał się taką hojnością ( a miliarderów tam też nieco jest)

22 000 000 x 59  000 USD = 129 8 000 000 000 USD

https://www.forbes.pl/wiadomosci/usa-ma-46-proc-swiatowych-milionerow-sprawdz-pozostale-kraje/hldn091
https://www.forbes.pl/miliarderzy-w-usa

Billionaires are failing us when we need them most
By Morris Pearl for CNN Business Perspectives Updated 1355 GMT (2155 HKT) April 6, 2020

With coronavirus pushing the US economy to the brink of disaster, the ultra wealthy have an obligation to step up and use their money and power for the greater good. As the people who benefited the most from a decade of economic growth, the hundreds of billionaires in America are in a unique position to do a great deal of good at a pivotal moment. But so far, they're failing to do so.

Indeed, some have committed some of their millions to relief efforts or public health projects. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, for example, has pledged $100 million to fight the coronavirus and Jeff Bezos has pledged $100 million to US food banks. But many more billionaires have done nothing. The scattered response from the world's wealthiest people to a massive systemic threat has been utterly disappointing. And that's not surprising. (...)

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/06/perspectives/billionaires-coronavirus/index.html

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #72 dnia: Kwiecień 26, 2020, 23:41 »
Buzz porównuje swoje dwie kwarantanny.

Exclusive: Buzz Aldrin says his post-Apollo 11 quarantine lessons apply to coronavirus
Buzz Aldrin Your turn Published 5:07 PM EDT Apr 23, 2020 

Official photo of the Apollo 11 prime crew. From left to right are NASA astronauts Neil Armstrong, commander; Michael Collins, Command Module pilot; and Buzz Aldrin, Lunar Module pilot. NASA

On July 20, 1969, Buzz Aldrin became one of the first two humans to set foot on the moon as part of the Apollo 11 mission. He wrote this column exclusively for FLORIDA TODAY. He's 90 years old and lives in Brevard County.

We Americans are resilient, never more than when challenged with something new, a big problem to figure out.  Even in a crisis — this one tied to our health, safety, and economic well-being — we tend to shine. With time on our hands, let’s use it well.

“Time on My Hands” is a famous song title used by Bing Crosby. Today, we have it in spades. The key is using it well, adapting to social isolation, keeping perspective, being content, productive and peaceful, despite the layered stress.

Returning from Apollo 11’s moon mission, Neil Armstrong, Mike Collins and I quarantined for three weeks. You may think that was easy, relatively speaking. After all, our quarantine was not open-ended. We knew it would end.   

Special launch: Despite coronavirus, NASA and SpaceX aim to launch astronauts from KSC in May

Moon landing: Readers remember where they were when Apollo 11 crew made history

In containment, we first occupied a trailer, then the Lunar Receiving Laboratory, with room enough to stretch our feet. That was after eight days and three hours in Apollo 11’s capsule, interior space of 210 cubic feet, roughly three big refrigerators.

Remembering post-moon quarantine, the feeling is fresh again of being “so close, yet so far” from socializing — a memory that comes with life lessons learned, and not expected.

We were quarantined, of course, as part of the mission. We voluntarily isolated before flight, so doctors would not attribute an ailment carried into space as a bug caught on the moon. As it turned out, we were healthy going up, healthy afterwards.

On return, we were isolated to prevent spread of possible lunar bacteria, a remote possibility. Just as we are quarantining today to prevent coronavirus, we were “contained” on return.

At first, downtime was welcome. During flight, we were busy and weightless, focused on action, working checklists, managing jobs in the capsule, lunar module, command module, and on the moon. Once back, we debriefed, got submerged in paperwork, prepared next steps.

Soon, like today, we got bored. We read magazines, played cards, filled in reports, reviewed the mission, talked remotely with family, friends and doctors through glass.  Window visits were boring as now.

Worse, we did not have computers for work or entertainment. We did not have mobile phones, computer games, apps, cable news, sports, education, or entertainment stations.  We had lots of time, and eagerness to get beyond the quarantine.

Out of this world: NASA worker was an astronaut body double & Buzz Aldrin's dresser

History: The Apollo 11 crew, who were they?

We also had ourselves — the ability to revisit events together, think through what was transpiring, imagine what lay ahead. We compared our time, offered observations to scientists, reporters and public, then planned for what we might do when released. For much of this time, we did what you are doing now: chilled.

However, from that experience flowed lessons. Some apply today at this unique moment in American and world history.  We are not just back from the moon, although many may feel as displaced as if on the moon. Still, post-moon quarantine was educational.

First, we realized life is not always lived at light speed. Sometimes, bounded by times of excitement, we must slow.  Slowing permits a look back on what have been doing, a chance to calibrate past events, consider how best to move forward.  That kind of pause is seldom voluntarily but can be a well-disguised blessing.

Going out and back to the moon, we knew we had completed an important mission.  We knew we were lucky.  Success is part planning, part preparing for the unplanned, part good fortune.

We had experienced all three. Quarantine gave us time to reflect on the fact.  Our training served us well.  When the lunar module’s ascent engine’s circuit breaker snapped, we improvised using a simple pen to ignite the engine. That was unplanned, but it worked.

On moon landing, we had to recalibrate quickly. We landed half a mile from the planned site. Neil’s piloting, crew coordination, and luck got us down — less than 30 seconds of fuel left.  Call it what you wish, but we were fortunate.  In quarantine, we reflected on our blessings.

Second, we got a chance to share perceptions with each other, just among ourselves.  We had the benefit of learning from and appreciating each other being sounding boards, cross-check, and corroboration for shared experiences.

That second advantage of isolation may seem small, weighed against boredom, frustration, and emotions tied to anticipating release, but shared experience offers room for mutual reflection, appreciation and affirmation of events. That, too, is a blessing.

Last, in containment we looked ahead, planning for what came next.  We used time to reflect but also to imagine the future, when doors reopened.  We contemplated returning to freedom to socialize, travel, be part of that world we had left behind just as we do today.

Call these simple observations, but we have a chance with “time on our hands” to appreciate those with whom we are going through this, in some cases helping them do so.  And we can look ahead with purpose.  Small matters, but true all the same.

Last, we should laugh, now and then. Faced with frustration, restraint, stress, adversity, and boredom, laughter helps.  Leaving the moon, I noted we seemed to be “No. 1 on the runway,” a throwaway.  Laughter helps defuse stress.  On return, we looked back, around and forward.  We also laughed, just look at us in those quarantine photos.

In this vein, my bottom line. Like many of you, I aim to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19, so am self-quarantining. Like you, no moon rocks surround me now.  Unlike when we walked on the moon and the world looked up, today I look up to Americans, pulling together to pull through.  Together, we will return to where we started, safe and grateful for each other and for this great country.

For now, let’s say we take one small step to produce another giant leap for America. Having taken “social distancing” to practicality at the moon, today’s quarantine seems manageable.

Together, we will get through this. Together, we will again look back and marvel at what we have done.

https://eu.floridatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/23/buzz-aldrin-quarantine-coronavirus/3012368001/

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #73 dnia: Kwiecień 26, 2020, 23:53 »
Czy tak wygląda kwarantanna , a może reklama w czasach pandemii ?

2:29 PM · 22 kwi 2020 https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1252937535011110913
Buzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz Enjoying some vintage Life Magazines from 1969. Savor life...it goes by way too fast.
Photo Copyrights: ©AncaFaur & Buzz Aldrin Ventures LLC

Online Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #74 dnia: Maj 10, 2020, 01:44 »
Hear Buzz Aldrin tell the story of the first moon landing
Science Museum
In February 2016 Aldrin came to the Science Museum in London to tell the story of the historic mission in his own words.

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

« Odpowiedź #74 dnia: Maj 10, 2020, 01:44 »