Autor Wątek: Buzz Aldrin  (Przeczytany 25655 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
  • Very easy - Harrison Schmitt
Odp: Buzz Aldrin w CERN
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Grudzień 03, 2016, 08:54 »
Buzz Aldrin recovers in New Zealand after polar evacuation
December 2, 2016 by Nick Perry And Marcia Dunn

http://phys.org/news/2016-12-aldrin-recovers-zealand-polar-evacuation.html

EDIT:
Buzz Aldrin ewakuowany z Antarktydy
PRZEZ MICHAŁ MOROZ W DNIU 3 GRUDNIA 2016

(...)Aldrin wyruszył na Antarktydę w ramach wyprawy turystycznej. J Z powodu problemów z oddychaniem został ewakuowany do szpitala w Nowej Zelandii. Obecnie jest w dobrym i stabilnym stanie. Aldrin został również najstarszą osobą, która stanęła na biegunie południowym.

Źródło: http://kosmonauta.net/2016/12/buzz-aldrin-ewakuowany-z-antarktydy/
http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/moonwalker-buzz-aldrin-stable-after-south-pole-health-scare-1632941

Astronauci lubą ekstremalne przygody.Przypomina mi się sytuacja Karla Henize http://lk.astronautilus.pl/astros/175.htm , który nie miał tyle szczęścia.

Karl G. Henize, NASA Scientist, Dies at 66 Climbing Mount Everest
Published: October 10, 1993

Dr. Karl G. Henize, a senior space agency scientist and the oldest American astronaut to travel in space, died of respiratory failure on Tuesday while trying to ascend Mount Everest, officials here at the Johnson Space Center announced on Friday. He was 66.

Dr. Henize, who was on leave from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, died at a base camp in China, said Jeff Carr, a NASA spokesman. He was buried on the mountain, as he had wished, Mr. Carr said.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/10/10/obituaries/karl-g-henize-nasa-scientist-dies-at-66-climbing-mount-everest.html
« Ostatnia zmiana: Grudzień 04, 2016, 18:35 wysłana przez Orionid »

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2017, 23:55 »
Najstarszy zdobywca bieguna południowego kończy dziś 87 lat :)

Happy Birthday, Buzz Aldrin! His Most Inspiring Quotes About Life On Earth
JANUARY 20, 2017 – 12:23 AM

Happy birthday, Buzz Aldrin! The legendary astronaut turns 87 on January 20, 2017.

On July 20, 1969, Aldrin stepped out of the Apollo 11 lunar module and became the second person to ever set foot on the moon.

Nearly half a century later, Aldrin is still a passionate proponent of space exploration. He helped develop the Space Studies program at the University of North Dakota, and in 2015, he, along with other scientists, presented a “master plan” to NASA for colonizing Mars before the year 2040.

http://parade.com/540939/lindsaylowe/happy-birthday-buzz-aldrin-his-most-inspiring-quotes-about-life-on-earth/

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin walks on the surface of the moon near the leg of the lunar module Eagle during the Apollo 11 mission. Mission commander Neil Armstrong took this photograph with a 70mm lunar surface camera. While astronauts Armstrong and Aldrin explored the Sea of Tranquility region of the moon, astronaut Michael Collins remained with the command and service modules in lunar orbit.

Image Credit: NASA
« Ostatnia zmiana: Styczeń 21, 2017, 00:26 wysłana przez Orionid »

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #17 dnia: Marzec 16, 2017, 00:19 »
Buzz Aldrin spotkał się z wiceprezydentem. Sczegóły rozmowy niejasne.

Astronauta uważa testowanie technologii na Księżycu za krok w kierunku lotu na Marsa.

But as the new administration reportedly shows greater interest in sending humans to the moon, Aldrin said lunar missions could play a role in Mars settlement by testing systems intended for use on Mars. “The moon enables us to go to Mars,” he said. “It’s almost mandatory, in my way of thinking, because the base that we want on Mars we will design and place it on the moon.”

http://spacenews.com/aldrin-pence-offered-few-details-of-space-policy-in-white-house-meeting/

Offline kanarkusmaximus

• Administrator
  • Ja z tym nie mam nic wspólnego!
    • Kosmonauta.net
« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Marzec 16, 2017, 10:10 »
Chyba warto zmienić tytuł wątku na po prostu "Buzz Aldrin". Nie zawsze on bywa w CERNie, ale w wielu miejscach się udziela! :)

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Marzec 16, 2017, 10:10 »

Offline ekoplaneta

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #19 dnia: Marzec 16, 2017, 11:32 »
Popieram Kanarkusie Twoją propozycję  :)

Offline kanarkusmaximus

• Administrator
    • Kosmonauta.net
Odp: Buzz Aldrin
« Odpowiedź #20 dnia: Marzec 16, 2017, 12:15 »
Zmienione! :)

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #21 dnia: Sierpień 03, 2017, 19:48 »
OPINION | Buzz Aldrin: One small step for man — closer to Mars
BY BUZZ ALDRIN, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 08/01/17

© Getty Images

Forty-eight years ago, on July 20, 1969, I know exactly where I was: standing on the Moon with my fellow space traveler, Neil Armstrong. Our Apollo 11 colleague, Mike Collins, was circling high above the barren lunar landscape I described as “magnificent desolation.”

America’s Apollo program was a team effort, tapping into the talents of 400,000 people that bonded together to make real a vision. It was a unified undertaking, a blend of government, industry and academic wherewithal to turn a long-held dream into a reality.

But that was then — today it’s time to rejuvenate the country’s space program.

I was very pleased to see the White House in late June revive the National Space Council, to be chaired by the vice president. It was high time to resurrect this council and once again guide American space policy to regain and retain U.S. leadership in space. Our nation has suffered by not having such a council to ensure that a vibrant, resolute and true trajectory for NASA’s civil program is put in place.
A number of action items should be taken by the National Space Council. Firstly, in my view, steps must be taken to recognize China’s impressive space exploration agenda. This view was fortified a few months ago when I took part in a major Global Space Exploration conference held in Beijing. Space agency leaders from Italy, Germany, Japan, Russia, Canada, France, South Africa, the European Space Agency, as well as China took part. Embarrassingly, missing in the interchange was the United States.

I think the National Space Council could exert a strong position of leadership by pulling together space-capable nations to forge a partnership — one that utilizes low Earth orbit and the Moon as a testing ground for technologies needed to make possible footprints on faraway Mars. The United States is the experienced and potential leader of this coalition of space-capable countries. Doing so could decrease the cost of many activities in Earth orbit and at the Moon in preparation for Mars.

Now, back here on Earth. I have two words for Washington: fiscal discipline. The second word is not embraced in the nation’s capital, so let’s call it fiscal responsibility.

The programs that we have right now are eating up every piece of the NASA budget. It’s got to be reduced if we’re ever going to get anywhere new. People, companies, NASA itself, don’t like to have things reduced. But if we don’t, we’re going to continue spending to keep the International Space Station going. We’re going to keep the Orion piloted spacecraft, a project that is too expensive and too late. And we’re going to keep the Space Launch System flying once a year at a hefty price tag of billions of dollars. Again, we’re not going anywhere if we don’t do something about these issues.

I pride myself on thinking out of the box, of being innovative and a lover of long-range aims. Having farsighted goals and objectives is a trait of bold space exploration planning.To that end, for over 30 years now, I have championed the call for establishing a permanent human settlement on Mars. Striving to do so, I strongly believe, summons the very best of humankind to transform this lofty ambition into reality.

In my blueprint for the Red Planet, the plan projects we’ll have people on Mars by 2039. It is a plan to create a sustainable path to permanent inhabitation of Mars. This time no flags, footprints and scurrying back to Earth like we did in the Apollo program. I call the plan “Cycling Pathways to Occupy Mars.” It is a bridge-building plan that links the Earth, the Moon and Mars and paves humankind’s road to another planet.

To occupy Mars is a task like no other. This enterprise can unite the great nations of the world in a cooperative way. Setting sail to Mars, putting in place a thriving civilization on that far-off world, is a peaceful pursuit that’s unparalleled in history. It is time to place spacefaring nations on that trajectory.

Given the reactivation of the National Space Council, I call upon them to help secure a bold presidential commitment. That is, on the 50th anniversary of the first Apollo landing on the Moon in 2019, to commit to a continued occupation of Mars with international crews. Through U.S. leadership, we can facilitate and sustain the arrival of humans on Mars.

I have always appreciated British essayist T.S. Eliot who pointed out: “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”

Indeed, the task ahead is daunting. But what’s a future for if not to dream big? I passionately believe it is our rendezvous with destiny.

Apollo 11 moonwalker, Buzz Aldrin, is an international advocate of space science and planetary exploration. Aldrin has authored and co-authored several books including “Mission to Mars – My Vision for Space Exploration,” children’s book “Welcome to Mars: Making a Home on the Red Planet,” and “No Dream Is Too High: Life Lessons From a Man Who Walked on the Moon.” Follow him on Twitter at @TheRealBuzz.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/international-affairs/344676-opinion-buzz-aldrin-one-small-step-for-man-closer-to

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #22 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2018, 17:24 »
Christina Korp@Buzzs_xtina 8.01
Happy Birthday Stephen Hawking! Can't believe it's been almost 2 years since we last visited you at home. Hope it's an incredible day! You're always an inspiration to me and to the world. 76 years old defying the odds.
https://twitter.com/Buzzs_xtina/status/950392348097286144

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #23 dnia: Styczeń 20, 2018, 17:29 »
Dziś przypadają 88. urodziny człowieka, który od dzecka chciał daleko podróżować.
Pozdrawiamy i życzymy dużo zdrowia w realizacji kosmicznych zamierzeń  :)

An undated photo of Buzz Aldrin as a child in Miami Beach, Florida, where his parents spent a winter vacation.

Buzz Aldrin's cadet pfoto from West Point

Buzz Aldrin poses for a portrait with his first wife Joan Archer and children, James, Andrew and Janice in 1967.

Buzz Aldrin and his third wife Lois Driggs attend the Fifth Anniversary Party for USA Today, Sept. 10, 1987, at Culver Studios in Culver City, California.

American astronauts, Buzz Aldrin (left, in blue), Charles Bassett, (top, in blue), and Theodore Freeman (bottom, in orange) experience weightlessness in a reduced gravity aircraft as part of their NASA mission training, 1964.

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
    • Astronauci i ich loty...
« Odpowiedź #24 dnia: Czerwiec 23, 2018, 17:47 »
https://eu.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2018/06/22/buzz-aldrin-sues-family-alleging-financial-fraud/725310002/

Legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin sues family alleging fraud

Apollo 11 moonwalker Buzz Aldrin has launched a legal battle against his children and family foundation, accusing them of abusing his trust and finances nearly 50 years after his historic moon landing.

The 88-year-old Aldrin's children, in turn, say they fear he is a victim of manipulation by parties seeking to take advantage of his money and reputation.

In a civil suit filed this month in Brevard County Circuit Court, Aldrin, a Satellite Beach resident, claims his son, daughter and a former manager have misused credit cards, refused to disclose financial information and mismanaged social media accounts and other media obligations.

Aldrin further says they have slandered him, telling others that he has dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and have refused to let him marry and undermined romantic relationships.

The family and Buzz Aldrin Space Foundation “have used this tactic to gain further control over (Buzz Aldrin’s) personal relationships, business contacts, and assets,” the lawsuit states.

Aldrin also seeks to remove his son, Andy Aldrin, as the controlling trustee of his estate that oversees memorabilia worth millions of dollars.

Andy Aldrin is a former rocket company executive who also serves as the foundation’s president and director of the Aldrin Institute based at the Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne. Buzz Aldrin's daughter, Jan Aldrin, is a foundation board member. Buzz Aldrin is the foundation’s chairman, but does not oversee day-to-day operations.

The foundation, which is gearing up for an annual gala fundraiser July 21 at Kennedy Space Center, did not comment directly on the lawsuit Friday.

However, the foundation said in a statement that it has “concerns for (Buzz Aldrin’s) vulnerability to manipulation by other parties seeking to gain access to and control of foundation and personal resources.”

Those concerns were expressed this week after public questions arose about a surge of activity on Buzz Aldrin’s official Twitter account, after it had been dormant for six weeks.

One of the messages personally attacked Aldrin’s longtime manager, Christina Korp, of Winter Park, Florida, accusing her of “using Buzz’s voice and brand to self-promote/ promote her clients ….”

Echoing the lawsuit filed June 7, the tweet said Aldrin had fired Korp, whom the lawsuit also accuses of fraud and other exploitation.

The family foundation said that was not true, and that Korp remains a board member with its full support.

The foundation also said someone else appeared to be speaking for Aldrin on his official Twitter account, @TheRealBuzz.

“We are not sure who is responsible for the tweet regarding Christina Korp, but we are confident Buzz did not write this," the foundation said in a statement.

Florida Tech, which houses the Aldrin Space Institute and Aldrin Center for Entrepreneurship in Space, also is a defendant in the case.

Identifying Buzz Aldrin as a “vulnerable adult” under Florida law, the lawsuit accuses Andy Aldrin of making “large sums of transactions monthly” from Buzz Aldrin’s accounts.

“The amounts are unknown in amount but substantial, potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars,” the suit states.

Robert Tourtelot, Buzz Aldrin’s Santa Monica, California-based lawyer, did not immediately respond to a call for comment.

The lawsuit reflects a rift that has divided the Apollo astronaut — who this week visited the White House for a National Space Council meeting — from his family in favor of a different management team.

The new team last month promised to unveil a new Aldrin initiative, the Human Spaceflight Institute, at Spaceport Houston located at Ellington Airport.

The planned May 22 press event was canceled without explanation. But on Friday, its spokesperson, Beverly Hills-based Edward Lozzi of Lozzi Media Services, said to stay tuned.

“We are going to be making a major announcement in the near future,” Lozzi told FLORIDA TODAY.

Lozzi previously has represented celebrity clients including Lou Ferrigno and Jon Voight and served as a White House press aide under President George H.W. Bush, according to his website.

Aldrin’s new advisers have established a Los Angeles-based entity, Buzz Aldrin Ventures, that they say now represents his business interests.

The organization’s website says it is “Buzz’s overarching holding company charged with developing strategic projects and international joint ventures that further Buzz’s vision and legacy in addition to activities formerly undertaken by Buzz Aldrin Enterprises.”

LeBlanc also previously served as executive director for more than a decade of the then Kennedy Space Center-based Astronaut Scholarship Foundation.

Also involved with Aldrin, according to the online news site NASA Watch, is Lisa LaBonte, who once served as CEO of the United Arab Emirates-based Arab Youth Venture Foundation, which partnered with NASA on some education projects.

Aldrin’s family foundation says its mission is to promote STEM education, space exploration and Aldrin’s legacy. It reported net assets of about $240,000 in 2016, according to IRS documents.

“We are determined to protect Buzz’s personal reputation and professional legacy, while also protecting his ability to remain self-sustaining financially,” the foundation said.

"Why is it that nobody understands me, yet everybody likes me?"
- Albert Einstein

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #25 dnia: Czerwiec 24, 2018, 01:03 »
Astronaut Buzz Aldrin sues over control of his estate, space artifacts

Buzz Aldrin participates in the National Space Council's Users' Advisory Group meeting on June 19, 2018 at NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. (NASA/Joel Kowsky)

June 23, 2018 – Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin has filed a lawsuit against two of his children, his former manager and family foundation, alleging fraud and seeking to regain control over his estate, including his space memorabilia and artifacts, as well as "all elements of the Buzz Aldrin brand."

Aldrin, 88, filed the lawsuit on June 7 in the 18th Circuit Court of Brevard County, Florida, to demand the removal of his son, Andrew, from serving as the trustee of his estate and power of attorney. Further, Aldrin wants his son, his daughter, Jan, and long-time personal manager (and "Mission Control Director") Christina Korp to cease representing his interests, including the Buzz Aldrin Space Foundation, also known as the ShareSpace Foundation, and Florida Institute of Technology's Aldrin Space Institute in Melbourne.

Aldrin alleges that his son and former manager misused his personal credit cards and social media accounts for their personal gain. He also claims that his son, his daughter and manager forbid him from marrying, having undermined his "personal romantic relationships." The lawsuit states that they have slandered him for years by stating he has dementia and Alzheimer's.

"We are deeply disappointed and saddened by the unjustified lawsuit that has been brought against us individually and against the Foundation that we have built together as a family to carry on Dad's legacy for generations to come," Andrew and Jan Aldrin said in a statement provided to collectSPACE on Saturday (Jun. 23). "When we established the current structure several years ago, it was done so at Buzz's request and with his full support."

Buzz Aldrin, at right, with his son Andrew Aldrin as seen together at the Science Museum London in 2015. (Buzz Aldrin via Twitter)

"We love and respect our father very much and remain hopeful that we can rise above this situation and recover the strong relationship that built this foundation in the first place," the two siblings said.

Aldrin has a third child, James Michael, who was not named in the lawsuit.

The ShareSpace Foundation, which in its current iteration was founded in 2014 as a non-profit dedicated to inspiring children's passions for science, technology, engineering, arts and math, provides interactive tools to educators across the United States. On the website for Buzz Aldrin Ventures, a limited liability company (LLC) registered in May in Santa Monica, California, Aldrin is described as no longer being an officer or a member of the ShareSpace (a.k.a. Buzz Aldrin Space) Foundation's board.

In his lawsuit, Aldrin claims that the Foundation was using his finances to fund "future educational endeavors," whereas his goal is to "fund current educational endeavors."

The lawsuit came to light soon after Aldrin's Twitter account, @TheRealBuzz, became active again after a month-long hiatus. One of the first tweets posted by the account on June 18 declared that Korp "was terminated and does not represent Buzz Aldrin in any capacity."

The Buzz Aldrin Space Foundation contested the tweet in a statement provided to the website NASAWatch.com, clarifying that Korp was continuing in her roles as a board member of the family foundation and ShareSpace Foundation.

"We are not sure who is responsible for the tweet regarding Christina, but we are confident Buzz did not write this," a spokesman for the family foundation said. "It appears, as many have speculated online, that management of the Twitter account @TheRealBuzz has indeed been reassigned without proper verification."

Paperwork filed in support of Buzz Aldrin Ventures and accounts associated with Aldrin's Twitter account point to Lisa La Bonte and former ShareSpace Foundation executive director Linn LeBlanc as being associated with Aldrin's renewed online presence. An April 17 cease and desist letter included with Aldrin's lawsuit further identifies La Bonte as Aldrin's representative.

With regards to his space artifacts and memorabilia, Aldrin told collectSPACE in 2013 that he had "no intention of selling any more of the historical Apollo 11 items" for the remainder of his life and that he intended "to pass a portion of these items on to my children and to loan the most important items for permanent display in suitable museums."

Aldrin, together with the late Neil Armstrong, became the first humans to land on the moon on July 20, 1969. In the cease and desist letter included with the lawsuit, Aldrin's attorney, Robert Tourtelout, cited the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, demanding Korp cease all plans for galas or celebrations that involve Aldrin individually or are associated with his brand.

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-062318a-buzz-aldrin-lawsuit-foundation.html

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #26 dnia: Czerwiec 24, 2018, 01:20 »
Do 50. rocznicy pierwszego lądowania ludzi na Księżycu może nie udać się sprawy zakończyć .

Tymczasem coś optymistycznego :

Buzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz 5 maj 2018

#FBF to 2014 when I had the Infinity Gauntlet
https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/992565321558052864

Buzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz 15 kwi 2018

I don’t want to be remembered for just kicking up moon dust. I want to be remembered for having enabled a permanent human settlement on #Mars. #AdAstra
https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/985336397505617920

Mark Kelly@ShuttleCDRKelly 7 maj 2018

I’ve had the opportunity to see this entire planet from space, but New Jersey is still one of the greatest places on Earth. Honored to be inducted into the @NJHallofFame with my brother @StationCDRKelly, joining icons from @TheRealBuzz to @WhoopiGoldberg.
https://twitter.com/ShuttleCDRKelly/status/993329922176421888

Offline kanarkusmaximus

• Administrator
    • Kosmonauta.net
« Odpowiedź #27 dnia: Czerwiec 24, 2018, 21:46 »
Nie kumam - pozwał swoją własną rodzinę? Dziwne to...

Offline wini

• Weteran
  • LOXem i ropą! ;)
    • Kosmonauta.net
« Odpowiedź #28 dnia: Czerwiec 24, 2018, 22:15 »
Nie kumam - pozwał swoją własną rodzinę? Dziwne to...

To chyba częściowo wynik też mentalności amerykanów którzy większość sporów załatwiają drogą sądową. U nas sądy są kojarzone negatywnie głównie przez naszą przeszłość, tam chyba jest to trochę inaczej odbierane. Przynajmniej ja tak to odczuwam, możliwe że się mylę;) Ktoś mieszkający w USA się wypowie?:)

Offline Orionid

• Weteran
« Odpowiedź #29 dnia: Czerwiec 24, 2018, 23:24 »
BUZZ ALDRIN WYSTARTOWAŁ
22 CZERWCA 2018

Niestety Buzz Aldrin wystartował nie w kosmos ale z pozwem sądowym. Przeciwko swojemu synowi i córce. Szczegóły są dość dziwne, ale wygląda na to że głównym powodem jest odpędzanie kobiet które się tak zakochały w dawnym astronaucie że chciał z nimi natychmiast wziąć ślub. W braniu ślubów Aldrin ma większe doświadczenie niż w lotach w kosmos – w kosmos poleciał dwa razy (Gemini 12 i Apollo 11) a śluby brał już trzy razy. I podobnie jak z lotami w kosmos, udawało mu się bezpiecznie powrócić z każdego ślubu do stanu kawalerstwa. Dlatego krętactwa rodziny mające na celu uniemożliwienie mu wzięcia ślubu po raz czwarty były czymś tak nagannym że trzeba było ich podać do sądu. Szczególnie że rodzina wg pozwu rozpowszechniała oszczerstwa mówiąc że Aldrin ma demencję i Alzheimera. O tym że Aldrin uważa że dzieci go okradały nie muszę nawet wspominać bo w końcu to oczywiste.

Rodzina twierdzi że Buzz jest podatny na manipulacje i wszystko co robi jest po to by zachował niezależność finansową. Gra się toczy o spore pieniądze jako że majątek Aldrina oceniany jest na wiele milionów dolarów. Buzz twierdzi że jego syn ukradł kilkaset tysięcy dolarów z jego prywatnych kont.

Sprawa będzie ciekawa jako że na Florydzie jest specjalne prawo chroniące ludzi starszych przez oszustwami – sprawy są prowadzone w przyspieszonym tempie by poszkodowani mieli szansę dożyć ich zakończenia. A kary za oszukiwanie ludzi starszych są bardzo surowe.

Buzz Aldrin ma 88 lat i wydaje się być raczej w świetnej kondycji jak na swój wiek – zarówno fizycznie jak i intelektualnie. Dlatego podejrzewam że część z tych zarzutów może być prawdziwa. A już na pewno zarzuty o przeganianiu kobiet które są tak zakochane w pieniądzach astronaucie że chcą za niego natychmiast wyjść za mąż. W końcu jest wiele kobiet które marzą o takim mężu, prawda?

http://florydziak.com/blogger/2018/06/buzz-aldrin-wystartowal.html

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

« Odpowiedź #29 dnia: Czerwiec 24, 2018, 23:24 »