Autor Wątek: Cygnus NG-14  (Przeczytany 7437 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
    • Astronauci i ich loty...
Odp: Cygnus NG-14
« Odpowiedź #30 dnia: Grudzień 12, 2020, 17:35 »
Pełne zestawienie misji tych statków pod adresem: http://lk.astronautilus.pl/sat/cygnus.htm ;)
"Why is it that nobody understands me, yet everybody likes me?"
- Albert Einstein

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #31 dnia: Grudzień 17, 2020, 21:09 »
JANUARY

Jan. 6, Wednesday
9:45 a.m. – Release of the Northrop Grumman Cygnus CRS-14 cargo craft from the International Space Station; release scheduled at 10:10 a.m. EST (All Channels)

Odłączenie i zwolnienie od ISS NG Cygnusa CRS-14 zaplanowane jest na 06.01.2021 o 16:10 czasu polskiego.
- Albert Einstein

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #32 dnia: Styczeń 06, 2021, 23:14 »
NG-14 Cygnus Departs Space Station, Two Weeks of Autonomous Fire Safety, Tech Experiments Ahead
By Ben Evans, on January 6th, 2021

Northrop Grumman Corp.’s NG-14 Cygnus cargo ship has entered the homestretch of its multi-month mission to the International Space Station (ISS), following a picture-perfect unberthing and departure on Wednesday morning. Physical separation of the spacecraft—which is named in honor of the first woman of Indian ancestry to travel into space, STS-107 astronaut and shuttle Columbia’s final flight engineer, Kalpana “K.C.” Chawla—from the Earth-facing (or “nadir”) port of the Unity node occurred at 10:11 a.m. EST. Cygnus will now spend almost three weeks in autonomous free flight, ahead of a destructive dive into the atmosphere and a harmless disintegration over the Pacific Ocean at 1 p.m. EST on 26 January.

https://www.americaspace.com/2021/01/06/ng-14-cygnus-departs-space-station-two-weeks-of-autonomous-fire-safety-tech-experiments-ahead/
- Albert Einstein

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #33 dnia: Styczeń 08, 2021, 17:16 »
Problemy z eksperymentami na pokładzie Cygnusa NG-14:

2021/01/08 Hot surprise on the space transporter CYGNUS

The 25 scientists of the project "SAFFIRE V" look back on the flight of Cygnus NG-14 with mixed feelings. The reason: One of the two experiments on board the space transporter could not be started as planned. The other, functioning experiment, however, caused a surprise. Also involved were two scientists from the Center for Applied Space Technology and Microgravity (ZARM) at the University of Bremen.

The start of the experiments on Cygnus NG-14 was awaited with great excitement, because the scientists hoped to gain new insights into fire safety on board of spacecrafts. This was the fifth time that the CYGNUS capsule was used for these kind of experiments, whose actual purpose is to deliver supplies and new experiment setups to the International Space Station ISS and then burn up in the Earth's atmosphere on its way back. After the CYGNUS undocked from the ISS on Jan. 6, 2021, the SAFFIRE V experiments were ready for ignition at 3:30 a.m. (CET) on Jan. 7. In SAFFIRE V an acrylic board will be ignited in such a way that the flame is spread "upstream" or “downstream” across the material by an air flow with Normoxic atmosphere (700 millibars, 26.5% oxygen as in future exploration missions). Unfortunately, the first of the two experiments ("downstream") could not be ignited due to a technical problem. In the second experiment, on the other hand, in which the flame was supposed to spread against the flow, something unexpected happened: the three thermocouples attached to the opposite end of the ignition point were not supposed to show any significant temperature increase during the 6-minute burning period. However, the measurements of one of the thermocouples suddenly increased after only three minutes and reached a peak value of 185° C.

The scientists involved will now have to puzzle for about a week until they can obtain the images from the experiments and figure out what was responsible for this unexpected temperature rise. An initial evaluation based on the measurement data of the flame radiation values, the exhaust gas temperatures, the O2, CO, CO2 concentrations as well as the air humidity values has already begun.

The SAFFIRE V project is financed by NASA.

https://www.zarm.uni-bremen.de/en/press/single-view/article/hot-surprise-on-the-space-transporter-cygnus.html

- Albert Einstein

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

« Odpowiedź #33 dnia: Styczeń 08, 2021, 17:16 »

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #34 dnia: Styczeń 21, 2021, 17:18 »
NASA podaje: (19.01.2021)

Saffire Ignites New Discoveries in Space

Link do materiału:

Our understanding of the way fire behaves in space is expanding as the fifth in a series of NASA investigations ignited recently. The Spacecraft Fire Safety Experiment-V (Saffire-V) successfully tested larger, more dynamic fires for over 26 hours inside Northrop Grumman’s Cygnus spacecraft, following its primary mission of delivering supplies to the International Space Station.

After Cygnus departed the station on Jan. 6, operators on the ground, for the first time on a Saffire mission, lowered the pressure inside the spacecraft and backfilled it with oxygen to replicate potential atmospheric conditions that would likely be experienced inside future human spacecraft.

After ignition, cameras and sensors monitored flame growth, temperature variations, and oxygen changes, which were translated into data. The data will be used to model fire response scenarios, as well as fire detection, combustion product monitoring, and post-fire cleanup.

“The elevated oxygen levels show more energetic flames, which would have a larger impact on the vehicle,” says Gary A. Ruff, Saffire project manager at NASA’s Glenn Research Center in Cleveland. “The Saffire-V data will allow us to model fire scenarios and increase our confidence in safety strategies.”

Another Saffire experiment is ready to fly on an upcoming launch to the space station as NASA continues to pursue a greater understanding of the risks and behaviors of fire in space for Artemis astronauts who will explore the Moon and eventually Mars.

Saffire is a series of experiments developed by the Spacecraft Fire Safety Demonstration Project which supports NASA’s Exploration Capabilities Program.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/glenn/2021/saffire-ignites-new-discoveries-in-space
- Albert Einstein

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #35 dnia: Styczeń 21, 2021, 17:34 »
Wg https://www.nasa.gov/saffire

eksperymenty Saffire zostały przeprowadzane w programie Cygnus:

I) na pokładzie OA-6, SS Rick Husband (2016);

II) na pokładzie OA-5, SS Alan Poindexter (2016);

III) na pokładzie OA-7, SS John Glenn (2016);

IV) na pokładzie NG-13 SS Robert Lawrence (2020);

V) na pokładzie NG-14 SS Kalpana Chawla (2021).
- Albert Einstein

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #36 dnia: Styczeń 26, 2021, 14:07 »
Re-entry set for Jan 26 around 20:50 UTC - southern Pacific near 160° west, 45° south, about 2700 km east of New Zealand

Bob Christy

http://www.satobs.org/seesat/Jan-2021/0117.html
- Albert Einstein

Offline mss

• Moderator Globalny
  • he/him
« Odpowiedź #37 dnia: Styczeń 26, 2021, 22:36 »
https://twitter.com/northropgrumman/status/1354177588386816002

Update: The NG-14 Cygnus spacecraft completed its mission on Jan. 26 at 3:23 p.m. EST.
- Albert Einstein

Online Orionid

• Weteran
  • Very easy - Harrison Schmitt
« Odpowiedź #38 dnia: Luty 22, 2021, 03:49 »
Koniec Cygnusa
  26.01. o 20:23 statek transportowy Cygnus NG-14 spłonął nad południowym Pacyfikiem.
http://lk.astronautilus.pl/n210116.htm#06

Northrop Grumman cargo ship concludes three-month stay at space station
January 6, 2021 Stephen Clark

Northrop Grumman’s Cygnus supply ship departs the International Space Station Wednesday. Credit: NASA TV/Spaceflight Now

A Northrop Grumman Cygnus cargo freighter departed the International Space Station Wednesday after delivering more than 7,800 pounds of equipment and experiments, heading for an extended mission with payloads to study fire behavior in microgravity and test a next-generation radio system.

The expendable cargo ship was released from the space station’s Canadian-built robotic arm at 10:11 a.m. EST (1511 GMT) Wednesday, concluding a three-month stay at the orbiting research complex. Ground controllers commanded the robot arm to release the Cygnus spacecraft, while astronaut Kate Rubins aboard the station monitored the freighter’s departure as the vehicles sailed more than 200 miles over the Pacific Ocean. (...)
https://spaceflightnow.com/2021/01/06/northrop-grumman-cargo-ship-concludes-three-month-stay-at-space-station/

Polskie Forum Astronautyczne

« Odpowiedź #38 dnia: Luty 22, 2021, 03:49 »